Our weekly produce box provided us with a mix of things last week and I managed not only to throw together a meal without a recipe, but it was actually good. Very good if I may say so myself. Chris agrees. Having frozen shrimp on hand was key. It rounded this out and provided the protein that I’m often lacking in dinners.
- 1 bunch young green garlic – sliced
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 small bunch of soft greens (spinach or the “looks like spinach but it’s not” greens I used.)
- Salt/Pepper/Cayenne Pepper – to taste
- Frozen shrimp – thawed and diced a little
- Juice of 2 limes
- Lime zest of 2 limes
- Pita – toasted
Saute the sliced garlic in a bit of oil. Add in the mushrooms and a T. of butter. After about 4 minutes, toss in the spinach/greens and the shrimp. The shrimp I used was already cooked so just needed to heat through. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Before serving, pour in a bit of lime juice, zest and cilantro. Serve in warm, toasted pita bread!
Notes: So good! And fast and easy and good!
Servings: 2 big dinner servings